We strive to nurture in our students the desire to learn and the ability to study within a safe environment and where relationships between students and teachers are based on mutual trust and respect. We value the individual and endeavour to facilitate flexible teaching and learning styles to develop independent learners. Using our specialism, we have a creative approach to learning, benefiting our students and the community. Through diversity of provision, we can provide our students with the skills, attitudes and aptitudes that will maximise their employment potential and become lifelong learners.
Our students’ education depends on an active three way partnership between the student, the student’s parents/carers and the school. Each has both rights and responsibilities.
The School Agreement
We will provide:
- a safe, secure and well-disciplined working environment
- a broad and balanced education
- opportunities for all students to achieve their maximum individual potential
- a high standard of teaching
- access to high quality learning resources
- work suited to the student’s age and ability
- regular opportunities to extend learning beyond the classroom
- regular targets to help students to progress
- a Form Tutor to monitor the student’s overall progress including supervision of the school planner
- sensitive handling of any individual needs the student may have
- regular information about individual student’s progress and about school activities
- opportunities for contact with students’ Form Tutors
- a detailed termly progress report and bi-annual Student Review days for consultation
- a wide variety of extra-curricular activities
- a variety of external visits including overnight stays and a workplace experience
- prompt response to parents as soon as possible about any concerns about attendance, behaviour or academic progress
- a commitment to maintain high standards of behaviour and appearance from students.
The Parent/Carer’s Agreement
- ensure your child attends the school on time every day during term time, unless he/she is ill
- inform the school promptly about any absences and/or changes in personal details
- take no extended family trips or holidays during term time
- inform the school of any concerns that may affect your child’s progress or behaviour
- encourage and support your child’s work completed in school
- encourage and support your child with extended learning tasks and independent reading at home
- support the school Positive Discipline for Learning Policy
- support the school Dress Code and Mobile Phone/Other Devices policy
- provide your child with the correct uniform and equipment for school
- check and sign the school planner each week
- attend Student Review days and any special appointments if requested
- pay for the replacement of any equipment, books or school planners your child loses or wilfully damages
- support the policies of the school
- support your child in participating in extra-curricular activities, work experience, trips and residential visits.
The Student’s Agreement
To follow the school Values and Expectations.
SCHOOL EXPECTATIONS: Positive, Polite, Prepared, Punctual, Pride
- be punctual and prepared by arriving on time to school every day
- be punctual to registration and all lessons
- be prepared by wearing the correct uniform and comply with the dress code at all times
- be polite and give letters/information from the school to parents and return replies promptly
- be prepared by using the school planner to record homework, targets and stamps
- be prepared for learning by taking all equipment including kit needed to lessons
- be positive by taking an active part in lessons and learning
- be positive by taking an active part in the school life including clubs, teams, trips, residential visits, performance work and work experience
- be prepared by revising for and attending all examinations
- be prepared by completing all extended learning activities and coursework or project work
- take pride in my learning, the work I produce and my school environment.
SCHOOL VALUES: Resilient, Responsible, Aspiration, Independent, Respectful
- behave responsibly in the school and travelling to and from the school
- behave responsibly by not bring to the school anything which is dangerous, illegal or against the rules
- be respectful by following the school rules and behave according to the school Positive Discipline for Learning policy
- be respectful of school property, community and environment
- be responsible and respectful when using the school facilities, including ICT and online learning
- be respectful towards other students
- be resilient in lessons when work is challenging
- be resilient in lessons by completing activities to the best of my ability
- be independent by completing learning activities and coursework or project work including reading outside of school
- be aspirational in my learning to reach the highest goal.
This agreement also confirms that parents and students are also giving the school consent for a number of essential activities that allow us to provide outstanding provision including:
- the authorisation of emergency medical treatment
- Data Exchange with local authority, government exam boards and other relevant organisations approved by the school
- the use of photographs/videos of students for publications and publicity
- the collection and storage of data to support Teaching and Learning and administration
- the use of a biometric scan for cashless catering system
- taking students out of school during the timetabled school day.
Working in partnership with parents and carers is important to us.